To use this service, you must be at least 14 years old.
CopScore.org ("CopScore") is a website that catalogs Police Officers and enables users to review and rate them, as well as read previous reviews and ratings submitted by other users. CopScore allows Users and Police to contact each other. CopScore features a second catalog to track all deaths of citizens by police and police in the line of duty.
Questions or Concerns related to Legal matters should be directed to Legal@CopScore.org or sent via mail to:
780 5TH AVE S. #200
NAPLES, FL 34102
All other questions or concerns should be sent to: Support@CopScore.org.
Persons who are under 14 years old may not register for CopScore. By registering with CopScore, you represent and warrant that you are at least 14 years old.
CopScore reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your registration with CopScore, without notice, upon any breach of this Agreement by you which is brought to CopScore's attention.
Your registration with CopScore is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your user identification and password, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
2. Online Conduct
You are solely responsible for all content or information you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on CopScore and agree to, understand, and will abide by, all of the following:
- By posting information on CopScore, you warrant and represent that the information is truthful and accurate.
- You will NOT post more than one Posting regarding the same person/business that relates to the same issue. Any new or additional information that you have shall be permitted as an additional post.
- You will NOT post any defamatory or illegal material or any material that infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights.
- You will NOT post on CopScore with the sole intention to harass or bully any particular individual, including, but not limited to content that may be perceived as cyber harassment, cyberstalking, cyberbullying or an unclassified form of a “revenge post”.
- You will use CopScore in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You will NOT post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights except as otherwise permitted by law.
- You will NOT take any action or assist, encourage, induce, or request that anyone else take any action which may impair or negatively affect the visibility or ranking of CopScore pages in search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo! or the like.
- You will NOT upload, or cause to be uploaded, viruses or other similar malicious code.
- You will NOT do, or aid anyone else in doing, anything that could be disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of CopScore, such as a denial of service (DDOS) attack.
While we do not and cannot conduct an in-depth detailed review of every message posted by users of our service, and are not responsible for any content of these messages, we reserve the right, but are not obligated, to delete or remove any content (up to and including the name of the person or business that you complain about) in any posting that contains information that may be perceived by CopScore as any of the following:
- Profanity (i.e. strong or vulgar language or content);
- Hate speech or the like;
- Obvious instances of pure harassment or bullying;
- Threats of physical violence or damage to property;
- Images or information relating to minor children (e.g., pictures that contain images of minor children should be modified to exclude the child/children prior to uploading to the website);
- Private personal information including, but not limited to:
- national identification numbers (e.g. U.S. Social Security Number);
- credit card numbers or related information;
- bank account numbers;
- account passwords;
- images of child/obscene pornography;
- images that contain signatures (e.g., signatures on letters or contracts should be modified to exclude the signature prior to uploading to the website);
- Unsubstantiated allegations of serious criminal acts (Postings with such content may be flagged for additional review/information, without notice, and be the cause of delay in posting or the posting being rejected altogether); and
- Commercial advertisements, link building, and the like. (If you want to advertise on CopScore, e-mail Admin@CopScore.org with “ADVERTISING REQUEST FOR COMPANY NAME”).
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, and without notice, to reject entire messages submit by users of the service for failure to conform to any of the Terms stated herein. Similarly, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update Postings with Editorial Notes/Comments by CopScore that explain to onlookers why certain action was taken, to inform viewers of our policies, and/or provide our opinion about a situation, etc. Placement/location of such Editorial Notes/Comments is at our sole discretion.
3. Online Content
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through CopScore are those of their respective authors and not of CopScore, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for the accuracy of such content.
CopScore does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on CopScore and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made. Under no circumstances will CopScore be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other content posted on CopScore.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CopScore, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of your use of CopScore, including, but not limited to, any breach by you of the Terms of this Agreement.
5. Removal of Information at User's Request
In order to maintain a complete record, information posted on CopScore, subject to the Terms outlined herein, will not be removed. By posting information on CopScore, you understand and agree that the material you post will become part of CopScore's permanent record and will NOT be removed even at your request.
6. Proprietary Rights/Grant of Exclusive Rights & License Back
By posting information or content to any public area of CopScore.org, you automatically assign copyrights in the content to CopScore. CopScore hereby grants you, the author, an exclusive and non-transferrable license to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such information content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other woks, such information and content.
7. Disclosure of Information Supplied by You
Notwithstanding the foregoing, from time to time, CopScore may receive subpoenas seeking the identity of a CopScore user. Upon receiving notice of such a subpoena, CopScore may object to the disclosure unless and/or until a court determines that the standards set forth in Mobilisa v. Doe, 217 Ariz. 103, 170 P.3d 712 (App. 2007) have been met. In the event CopScore does not object to the disclosure, it may forward a copy of the subpoena to you at the email address you provided in your account registration so that you may take action on your own behalf. In the event you fail to respond to our e-mail and/or you otherwise fail to timely object to the subpoena or make other arrangements with the requesting party, CopScore may, without notice, comply with the subpoena which may disclose your identity without incurring any liability to you.
Although, you are legally entitled to publish your comments anonymously, at the discretion of CopScore, the personally identifying information of any user who is found to have posted numerous complaints about the same company and/or individual (be it through the same account or multiple accounts) or has made a post that is perceived by CopScore to be acting with malice intent by posting in violation of the Terms set forth herein, may lose the confidential protections afforded by this section.
In its sole discretion, CopScore may also disclose your identity to any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency (including federal and state attorneys general) for the limited purpose of allowing such agencies to contact potential victims and/or investigate other unlawful acts.
You further agree and understand that in order to facilitate the resolution of complaints, CopScore may disclose your identity to any Officer who participates in our paid Profile Review Program.
Disclosures made under this section may encompass Postings submitted before and/or after the date the company joins our program(s). Notwithstanding the foregoing, some programs, require the program member to agree not to sue legitimate Users without prior written consent of CopScore (with the exception of pending litigation wherein the author has already been identified through the course of discovery in that litigation).
You further agree to release and hold CopScore harmless from any claims that CopScore disclosed your identity pursuant to these Terms and conditions.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty
CopScore provides CopScore on an "as is" basis and grants no warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory, in connection with CopScore or in connection with any communication with CopScore or its representatives, or otherwise with respect to CopScore. CopScore specifically disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. CopScore does not warrant that CopScore's connection to the internet will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in CopScore will be corrected.
9. Limitation of Liability
In no event will CopScore be liable: (i) to you for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages arising out of the use of or inability to use CopScore, even if CopScore or its agents or representatives know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages or: (ii) to any person other than you. In addition, CopScore disclaims all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other members or users (including, but not limited to, unauthorized users, or "hackers") of CopScore.
10. State by State Variations
Certain jurisdictions limit the applicability of warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability so the above disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability may not apply to you.
11. General Provisions
You agree that Florida law (regardless of conflicts of law principles) shall govern this Agreement, that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive venue of the federal and state courts in the State of Arizona, and that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of Arizona in connection with CopScore or this Agreement. The failure of CopScore to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of CopScore or You to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. This Agreement, accepted upon registering for CopScore, contains the entire agreement between you and CopScore regarding the use of CopScore. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Terms will survive termination of your registration with CopScore. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.